SHEQSY Pty Ltd and SHEQSY Limited (referred to as “SHEQSY“, “we”, “our” or “us“) understand that the privacy of your information (including personal information) is important and are committed to protecting the information we collect from your use of the SHEQSY lone worker safety solution (SHEQSY system), as further described on our website, https://sheqsy.com.
What information do we collect?
Information (including personal information) submitted by users of the SHEQSY System is referred to in this policy as “Data.” As further explained below, Data is controlled by the Customer. Where SHEQSY collects or process Data, it does so on behalf of the Customer. We aren’t responsible for the content of your data or the way you or your personnel choose to use the System to store or process any data. Examples of Data (and there may be others) being:
- Pictures, videos, voice and text messages, edits to messages or deleted messages, and other types of files.
- Account creation information such as an email address and password to create an account.
- Billing, credit card and other information collected and stored by our corporate affiliates and third party payment processors on our behalf (or we may do this ourselves).
- Services usage information. This is information about how you are accessing and using the Services, which may include administrative and support communications with us and information about the features, content, and links you interact with, and what third party integrations you use (if any).
- Log data. When you use the Services our servers automatically record information, including information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website or your mobile app sends when you are using it. This log data may include your Internet Protocol address, the address of the web page you visited before using the Services, your browser type and settings, the date and time of your use of the Services, information about your browser configuration and plug-ins, language preferences, and cookie data.
- Device information. We may collect information about the device you are using the Services on, including what type of device it is, what operating system you are using, device settings, application IDs, and unique device identifiers. Whether we collect some or all of this information often depends on what type of device you are using and its settings.
- Geo-location information. Precise GPS location from mobile devices is collected only with your permission. WiFi and IP addresses received from your browser or device may be used to determine approximate location.
- Services integrations. If, when using the Services, you integrate with a third party service, we will connect that service to ours. The third party provider of the integration may share certain information about your account with us.
- Third party data. We may also receive information from affiliates in our corporate group, our partners, or others that we use to make our own information better or more useful. This might be aggregate level information, such as which IP addresses go with which zip codes, or it might be more specific information, such as about how well an online marketing or email campaign performed.
- Personal information. A Customer may choose to enter personal information necessary to facilitate the use of the SHEQSY System, including response to alerts being activated from that usage. Personal information is any information that can be used to identify personnel and nominated contacts, and may include: name, address, a photo, medical notes, occupation and contact details (address, telephone numbers and email address).
Why does the SHEQSY app use background location and require access to your location ‘all the time’?
In order for SHEQSY to improve the safety of people working alone, SHEQSY will collect your location data:
- To deliver features such as Activities, Shifts and Quick Panic when the SHEQSY app is running in the foreground and background
- To provide accurate and timely information to your organisation
How do we collect usage information?
How do we collect and store personal information?
We normally collect personal information in the following ways:
- Directly from you, either in person, in documents, by email or via the SHEQSY website
- From your usage of the SHEQSY System
- From third parties
- From publicly available resources
We hold personal information in electronic and hard copy files. If your personal information is no longer needed, SHEQSY will take reasonable steps to destroy or anonymize it.
How do we use your Data?
SHEQSY may access and use Customer’s Data as reasonably necessary and in accordance with Customer’s instructions to (a) provide, maintain and improve the Services; (b) to prevent or address service, security, technical issues or at a Customer’s request in connection with customer support matters; (c) as required by law and (d) as set forth in our agreement with the Customer or as expressly permitted in writing by the Customer.
We use other kinds of information in providing the Services. Specifically:
- To understand and improve our Services. We carry out research and analyze trends to better understand how users are using the Services and improve them.
- To inform you about changes in our Services, our Service offerings, and important Service related notices, such as security and fraud notices. These emails and messages are considered part of the Services and you may not opt-out of them. In addition, we sometimes send emails about new product features or other news about SHEQSY. You can opt out of these at any time.
- Billing and account management. We use account data to administer accounts and keep track of billing and payments.
- Communicating with you and marketing. We often need to contact you for invoicing, account management, support and similar reasons. We may also use your contact information for our own marketing or advertising purposes. You can opt out of these at any time.
- To investigating and prevent abuse and fraud.
This policy is not intended to place any limits on what we do with data that is aggregated and/or de-identified so it is no longer associated with an identifiable user or Customer of the Services.
Who do we Share and Disclose Customer Data with?
SHEQSY may share Customer Data in accordance with our agreement with the Customer and the Customer’s instructions, including:
- With third party service providers and agents. We may engage third party companies or individuals to process Customer Data.
- With affiliates. We may engage affiliates in our corporate group to process Customer Data.
- With third party integrations. SHEQSY may, acting on our Customer’s behalf, share Customer Data with the provider of an integration added by Customer. SHEQSY is not responsible for how the provider of an integration may collect, use, and share Customer Data.
- With third party service providers and agents. We may engage third party companies or individuals, such as third party payment processors, to process information on our behalf.
- With affiliates. We may engage affiliates in our corporate group to process other information.
SHEQSY may share or disclose Customer Data and other information as follows:
- During changes to our business structure. If we engage in a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, reorganization, sale of some or all of SHEQSY’s assets, financing, acquisition of all or a portion of our business, a similar transaction or proceeding, or steps in contemplation of such activities (e.g. due diligence).
- To comply with laws. To comply with legal or regulatory requirements and to respond to lawful requests, court orders and legal process.
- To enforce our rights, prevent fraud and for safety. To protect and defend the rights, property, or safety of us or third parties, including enforcing contracts or policies, or in connection with investigating and preventing fraud.
We may disclose or use aggregate or de-identified information for any purpose. For example, we may share aggregated or de-identified information with our partners or others for business or research purposes like telling a prospective SHEQSY Customer the average number of messages sent within a SHEQSY workspace in a day or partnering with research firm or academics to explore interesting questions about workplace communications.
Overseas disclosure of Personal Information
When we store your data, we will take reasonable measures to prevent unauthorised access, use, modification, deletion and disclosure of data by our personnel. Before sharing data with any of our third party service providers, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that the third party maintains, at a minimum, reasonable data practices for maintaining the confidentiality and security of data and preventing unauthorized access. We are not responsible for your data when it is in your possession or under your control, or when you or your personnel use unencrypted gateways (e.g. via third party messaging clients) to connect to the System.
Our Services are not directed to children under 13. If you learn that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information without consent, please contact us.
We may change this policy from time to time, and if we do we will post any changes on our website https://sheqsy.com. If you continue to use the Services after those changes are in effect, you agree to the revised policy.
How can I contact SHEQSY?
If you have any questions or complaints about how we handle your personal information, you should send an email to [email protected] We will always attempt to resolve any complaint to your satisfaction.